Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Rocester 5 v 0 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Tuesday 21st February 2012
Midland Alliance
Rocester 5 v 0 Coleshill Town
Scorers: Chris Sterling 3, Chris Owen, Craig Holland.
Attendance:64.

Team: Will Stannage, Jason Lanns, Steve Hakner, Chris Charles, Liam Mansell, Rob Seal, Barry Fitzharris, Chris Lait, Nathan McBean, Danny Carter, Sam Wilson. Subs Craig Gasiewski, Scott Goodby, Allando Davis, Richard Gregory.

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Coleshill are out-fought, admits Adams

'OUT-fought and out-played' was Carl Adams' honest assessment as his side slipped to a heavy defeat at Rocester on Tuesday night.

A hat-trick from Chris Sterling and goals from Craig Holland and Chris Owen sealed an emphatic win for the home side.

Adams said: "As a team performance, it was one of the worst I have been associated with as a manager.

"We were completely out-fought and out-played and it was men against boys.

"We are a young side as I keep saying and I certainly think we need some experience, some real leadership on the pitch.

"At times, we are not nasty enough, if you like – we get bullied out of games.

"And you see other teams appealing for everything, getting in the referee's ears, while we let things happen.

"It's something we have to learn and I want the lads here to develop and get to grips with things.

"At the moment, we are just too inconsistent and I don't know what I'm going to get from them week in, week out.

"I'm given false hope sometimes because we can produce some great performances but then follow it up with something like Tuesday night."

Adams admitted he and chairman Paul Billing were already working on a plan for next season.

But the Coleshill boss was determined to finish this year on a high.

"We have written the season off in some ways, if I'm honest," he said.

"But I want the young lads to keep learning and developing between now and the end of the season.

"And we want to finish the season positively. You want momentum going into next season.

"It's been a strange old season in that teams you would expect to challenge in the top team, like ourselves, Boldmere, Stratford and Studley, have completely under-achieved.

"But there's still a lot of points to play for and we need to finish strongly."

Coleshill, 15th in the Alliance, are now preparing for three successive home games. They entertain Heather St John on Saturday, kick off 3pm before playing host to Gresley Rovers on Tuesday night.

Adams' men then play host to Boldmere St Michaels.

"We've had a tough run of away games lately," said Adams. "I'm not making excuses because I always admit when we play badly, but the fixture list has not been kind to us.

"It will be nice to have a few home games now and hopefully we can string a few results together now.

"It's important to make sure we do.

"We want to make sure that we don't get dragged any close to the bottom few."

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2011-2012”