Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Casey's Hereford Heroes Switch Focus

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:08 pm

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Casey's Hereford FC Heroes Switch Focus To FA Cup

By Tamworth Herald | Posted: August 28, 2015
By SCOTT SMITH

COLESHILL Town manager Paul Casey believes that his side have nothing to lose this weekend as they continue their FA Cup journey with a trip to Stafford Rangers.

Stafford play a league higher than Coleshill, in Evo-Stik Division One South and are currently fifth, having won two of their three opening league games.

Coleshill will, therefore, be underdogs but do go into the clash in bullish mood after a midweek win over Hereford.

"There is nothing to lose, I really feel that way," Casey said, after his side gave up home advantage as their new 4G pitch is not yet ready to play on.

"We've got a lot of players who have played at this level and going to Stafford in an FA Cup game will be very intriguing.

"It is going to be another invaluable experience for the lads to play on a carpet of a pitch and also with another big crowd inside the ground."

After an 11-0 defeat of Ellesmere Rangers in the previous round, Casey is hoping that his team can keep another clean sheet on Saturday – something that has been missing in the league.

"We have scored 21 goals in the opening five games of the season but we've also let a few in." he said.

"I have some defenders missing from the team that ended last season but, for me, the lack of commanding play in front of them isn't helping either.

"The fact is that new lads are just starting to play together and we are still a work in progress."

Meanwhile, Casey has been reflecting on his side's incredible victory in midweek.

The side enjoyed a thrilling 5-4 win over non-league giants Hereford in front of more than 3,000 fans.

"It was an incredible feeling and the best moment in my managerial career," said Casey.

"We have taken a squad of 20 down and six backroom staff so they could enjoy the experience.

"I should imagine this is what it feels like to manage in the Conference National. Instead of having 30 people watching you there were 3,000.

"I couldn't actually hear my players on the pitch which was a really unusual experience."

Casey is hoping to see the return of a number of injured players this weekend while his ranks have also been boosted by the arrival of defender Remi Bell from Redditch United.

Return to “First Team News”